Dear Valued Guests,
At The Lost Whale Inn, your health and safety, and that of our incredible staff, is our top priority. Like you, we’re aware of and concerned by the rapid spread of COVID-19 (aka Coronavirus). We want to take a few moments to address your concerns, and let you know that we’re doing everything we can to ensure peace of mind for your upcoming travels with us. Humboldt county starting on 6/19/20 is open for recreational travel, we have submitted a reopening plan with our local health department and have been approved to reopen.
While our standard routine has always gone above and beyond the minimum requirements for cleanliness in the hospitality industry, we’ve taken the time to update our policies and implement additional measures in the face of COVID-19. We’re also screening our staff daily to ensure no one is sick or showing any signs of illness. We have made it clear to staff that no one is allowed at work if they are showing any signs of illness. We are closely following all guidelines established by both the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and the California Department of Public Health.
Here’s what we’re doing:
- As a small inn, we are vigilantly sanitizing all common surfaces, as well as all touchable surfaces in each room using CDC recommended techniques and products. We are paying special attention to all high touch surfaces (i.e. doorknobs, front desk, banisters, light switches, etc.).
- We are doing our best to run at 75% capacity, 6 rooms, per night and are practicing safe social distancing guidelines in all common areas. We will not allow more than two guests per room as this ensures plenty of space for all guests on our large property at any one time. There are just a couple of nights where we will be fully booked due to bookings that happened pre pandemic and we will honor those reservations.
- Appetizers and Breakfast will be served individually to rooms. As well, each room will have their choice of a bottle of wine to avoid our standard communal wine hours.
- We have locally made hand sanitizer in each room for guests to use during their stay provided by Witch in the Woods. Hand sanitizer and single use disposable napkins are placed around the Inn.
- Masks are required, per orders of the Humboldt County Health Department, to be worn at all times indoors in our common areas. If you do not have one we have many we can provide you to use during your stay.
- Our common sitting and dinning areas are currently closed for recreation.
- All of the cookware, food preparation surfaces, dishes, and food service areas are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before and following every use.
- We will be discontinuing our turn down service to minimize contact between housekeeping staff and guests. Please let us know what you need replaced in your room and we will bring it instantly.
- The Innkeepers will also be practicing social distancing and will avoid our normal interactions with guests and limit them to only as needed situations.
- Any guests that are experiencing symptoms are asked to please refrain from travel. If you arrive and are displaying visible symptoms we will have to ask you to return home or assist you in finding other accommodations.
If you have an upcoming reservation, we look forward to seeing you and want to reassure you that we are doing everything we can to promote a safe and healthy environment. Until further notice, if you do need to change or cancel a reservation because your travel plans have been impacted by the current COVID-19 health situation or you would prefer to hunker down and self-quarantine we completely understand and support that. You can call us at 1-707-677-3425 to cancel your reservation. We will not be imposing any fees for COVID-19 related room cancellations through 6/30/20 and will update this as the situation progresses.
Getting away to focus on health and mental well-being in times as uncertain as these is important. Our property will continue to offer the same exceptional accommodations and hospitality as always and serves as a healthy alternative to larger and more crowded hotels. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Lost Whale Inn.
Inn Keeper, Lost Whale Inn