Dear Valued Guests,
At The Lost Whale Inn, your health and safety, and that of our incredible staff, is our top priority. Like you, we’re aware of and concerned by the rapid spread of COVID-19 (aka Coronavirus). We want to take a few moments to address your concerns, and let you know that we’re doing everything we can to ensure peace of mind for your upcoming travels with us. Humboldt county and California starting on 2/15/22 has lifted a majority of restrictions.
While our standard routine has always gone above and beyond the minimum requirements for cleanliness in the hospitality industry, we’ve taken the time to update our policies and implement additional measures in the face of COVID-19. We’re also screening our staff daily to ensure no one is sick or showing any signs of illness. We have made it clear to staff that no one is allowed at work if they are showing any signs of illness. We are closely following all guidelines established by both the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and the California Department of Public Health.
Here’s what we’re doing:
- As a small inn, we are vigilantly sanitizing all common surfaces, as well as all touchable surfaces in each room using CDC recommended techniques and products. We are paying special attention to all high touch surfaces (i.e. doorknobs, front desk, banisters, light switches, etc.).
- We are back to running at 100% capacity and are serving our traditional breakfast again but providing each room with their own table in our dinning area and the option to take their food to their room to dine as well.
- In accordance with the California and Humboldt County Department of Public Health, sasks are no longer required in common areas for all vaccinated or un-vaccinated guests, we have followed all health guidelines issued by our local health department throughout the pandemic and we will stay in accordance with them as they continue to change. We ask for people to please be accommodating and understanding with the changes as the come.
- Our afternoon wine reception has returned and is available each day starting at 4pm. Each plate is served individually and you can take it to your room, outside, or eat in our common area.
- We have locally made hand sanitizer in each room for guests to use during their stay provided by Witch in the Woods.
- All of the cookware, food preparation surfaces, dishes, and food service areas are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before and following every use.
- Per guidance of the California Department of Public Health guidelines we will continue to discontinue our turn down service to minimize contact between housekeeping staff and guests. No one will enter your room during your stay unless an emergency and they are directed by you. Please let us know what you need replaced in your room and we will bring it instantly.
- Any guests that are experiencing symptoms, vaccinated or not are asked to please refrain from travel. If you arrive and are displaying visible symptoms we will have to ask you to return home or assist you in finding other accommodations.
If you have an upcoming reservation, we look forward to seeing you and want to reassure you that we are doing everything we can to promote a safe and healthy environment. Until further notice, if you do need to change or cancel a reservation because your travel plans have been impacted by the current COVID-19 health situation or you would prefer to hunker down and self-quarantine we completely understand and support that. You can call us at 1-707-677-3425 to cancel your reservation. We will not be imposing any fees for COVID-19 related room cancellations.
Getting away to focus on health and mental well-being in times as uncertain as these is important. Our property will continue to offer the same exceptional accommodations and hospitality as always and serves as a healthy alternative to larger and more crowded hotels. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Lost Whale Inn.
Brian and Tiffany Hiegert
Inn Keepers, Lost Whale Inn